Monday, July 25, 2011

Oatmeal Molasses Bread




Yes, yet again another Earth to Table recipe, Oatmeal Molasses bread! This bread is easily the best I have ever made, as it was so tasty and moist. It involved putting rolled oats in boiling water to soften, and then adding your flavourings to it. Then you mix your dry ingredients together with yeast, and you promptly add that to the wet mixture. All in all it was an easy dough to come together and when set aside in the bowl to double in size, it did (something that I've found difficult in other bread recipes, mostly because they usually don't have a proofing action as this recipe does by using the hot water, which of course cooled to an appropriate temperature so as not to kill the yeast).

My Mom had made strawberry jam which is so good with this bread for breakfast. I've made this bread twice. The first time I followed the recipe to a T. The second time I decided to double it so that I could have four loaves instead of two. This is a definite keeper recipe for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment