Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sponge Cake Roll With Raspberry Whipped Cream

I really love the joy of baking website and have made recipes from it many times. This time, I chose to make a sponge cake roll filled with raspberry whipped cream. I knew that it would turn out well, because I tried the joy of baking website's pumpkin roll with cream cheese filling and found it to be wonderful, spongy, and moist!

The sponge cake for this recipe does include different technique than the pumpkin roll, however, because you have to whip your egg yolks and egg whites separately. This makes the recipe more time consuming, but results in a really light cake that bakes in 6-8 minutes.

The whipped cream is really simple to make if you have a mixer. I love that it uses raspberry jam for colour and flavour, but thought it could use some fresh raspberries. Since I had some raspberries in the fridge, I decided to layer some over top of the cream before rolling the cake up. This added some nice freshness to the roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment