Friday, March 2, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting


With the call of a snow storm here in southern Ontario the other day, I felt like having a treat. My initial attempt was to make a chocolate sponge cake roll with chocolate whipped cream, but after my sponge cake failed I was forced to try something different. The only problem was that I had already made my whipped cream. As such, I made chocolate cupcakes, because I figured the whipped cream would work well as an icing for them.


These cupcakes did not use the baking soda/vinegar trick that the red velvet one's did in a previous post, but somehow they were actually fluffier than the red velvet. I think this was due to the addition of one cup of boiling hot water to a 1/2 cup of cocoa powder that was added into the mixture at the end.

I decided that I like a whipped cream icing even better than a butter-based one or one with a lot of icing sugar, because it's not nearly as sweet and is easier to pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment