Friday, December 9, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies With Christmas Smarties


I know, chocolate chip cookies have been done so many times before, but I think the reason why is just that they're so good with gooey chocolate when they come out of the oven. This picture of cookies with smarties is of the batch my sister and I made last year. I wouldn't necessarily serve them to guests on Christmas day, but they are delicious to eat through December with a nice cup of tea.

We followed the recipe for chocolate chip cookies from the Joy of Baking website, but instead of putting in chocolate chips, we added red and green smarties. Also, rather than dropping the cookies onto a cookie sheet, we rolled the mixture into a log with some plastic wrap, refrigerated it to harden, and then sliced it into individual cookies. This gave the cookies a nice uniform look, although they would likely look very pretty as drop cookies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment