Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Rosemary Foccacia Bread


The Italian Food Forever website is fast becoming one of my favourite spots for recipes on the internet. I've only made their pasta dough recipes thus far, but a few days ago, I attempted the Rosemary Foccacia recipe. My sister had made this recipe before (see Megan's Blog), but I didn't have a hand in it. I thought I would try it myself this time.


As far as bread dough goes, this was a quick one to come together. All the ingredients go in the bowl at once and then there is a period of kneading followed by letting the dough rest until doubled in size. Then, you shape your dough, set it on a pan and give it another period of rest. Afterwards, you dimple the dough all over so that you can fill the holes with olive oil, which makes this bread so moist. Part of what makes this bread so delicious, including addictive, is the sprinkling of freshly chopped rosemary and course salt over top. My family and friends couldn't get enough of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment