Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Vanilla Cupcakes With Butter Frosting


I've definitely been on a cupcake kick over the last week or so making red velvet cupcakes a few days ago with friends, and shortly before that, baking some vanilla cupcakes with butter frosting. My sister and I used the recipe from the Joy of Baking website for these cakes, and while very sweet, I found myself enjoying them immensely.

I think that my sister's and my real motivation behind making these was to practice our piping technique, because thus far, we've simply been using a star tip to create a swirl topping for cupcakes. We thought we would try the star tip for other effects as well. The blue ones that we used the star tip on ended up reminding me of lilacs. Despite our piping technique not being expert yet, these cupcakes still ended up being very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment